Changing the world one teacher at a time.
Here at Accelerate Online, we offer a non-traditional route to teacher certification. If you already hold a bachelor's degree or are currently enrolled in your final semester of college coursework, we can help you become a teacher!
- Fully online, all the time - 24/7 access
- Affiliated with Texas A&M University
- Affordable payment plan
- Teacher certified in 12-18 months
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources 6-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- Chinese EC-12
- English Language Arts and Reading 7-12
- History 7-12
- Life Science 7-12
- Mathematics 7-12
- Physical Science 6-12
- Physics/Mathematics 7-12
- Science 7-12
- Social Studies 7-12
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- College students may be considered in their final semester
- An overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours
- A 2.75 GPA in content-area coursework
- Passing score on a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT)
- U. S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Completed Criminal History check
For graduates of universities outside of the United States:
Transcripts must be evaluated by a TEA approved foreign credential service. The report should specifically state if you received the U. S. equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in your subject area and provide a detailed list of all coursework.
If the university's primary language of instruction is not English, you must pass all four sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
This application is for the role of University Supervisor for Accelerate Online, an alternative teacher certification program affiliated with with the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture at at Texas A&M University. Please review the qualifications and expectations for TLAC University Supervisors below.
3 years teaching experience
hold a current Texas teaching certificate
The person emailing this form to you is applying to the Accelerate Online -TAMU alternative teacher certification program. Please assist us by giving your honest feedback and completing this form as quickly as possible. This information will be considered strictly confidential.
UPON COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING THIS FORM,
I ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOLLOWING:
- I have completed the required dyslexia training provided by Accelerate Online-TAMU.
- I have been provided the Accelerate Online Program assignments and expectations for the upcoming school year.
Due on or before August 10.
Based on work by Lori Newcomer, Ph.D., University of Missouri
Before you apply, have you...
1. submitted a Program Interest Form?
2. had your transcript/coursework reviewed by Accelerate Online staff?
3. submitted your PACT Score Report?
If you answer YES to all 3, you are ready to apply!
But wait! As you begin filling out the application, please note that you will also need to...