I confirm that I have viewed the Beginning of School Year videos in their entirety.
Changing the world one teacher at a time.
Here at Accelerate Online, we offer a non-traditional route to teacher certification. If you already hold a bachelor's degree or are currently enrolled in your final semester of college coursework, we can help you become a teacher!
- Fully online, all the time - 24/7 access
- Affiliated with Texas A&M University
- Affordable payment plan
- Teacher certified in 12-18 months
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources 6-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- Chinese EC-12
- English Language Arts and Reading 7-12
- History 7-12
- Life Science 7-12
- Mathematics 7-12
- Physical Science 6-12
- Physics/Mathematics 7-12
- Science 7-12
- Social Studies 7-12
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- College students may be considered in their final semester
- An overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours
- A 2.75 GPA in content-area coursework
- Passing score on a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT)
- U. S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Completed Criminal History check
If you graduated from a non-US college or university, you must:
- Submit foreign transcripts evaluated and translated by a TEA approved foreign credential service. The report should specifically state if you received the U. S. equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in your subject area and provide a detailed list of all coursework.
- Submit passing scores in all four sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
To be exempted from the TOEFL testing requirement, a certification candidate must have earned a undergradate or graduate degree from instituition of higher education in a country in which English is the official language. See the SBEC approved list of countries.
Before you apply, have you submitted your TExES Score Report?
If you answer YES, you are ready to apply!
BUT WAIT! AS YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO...
1. EMAIL TO ACCELERATEONLINE@TAMU.EDU:
All field experiences must be done in a public or TEA-approved school setting and must be in the area in which you are seeking certification.
For each school that you conduct a field-based experience, please complete and submit this form PRIOR to beginning your field-based observation.
This application is for the role of University Supervisor for Accelerate Online, an alternative teacher certification program affiliated with with the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture at at Texas A&M University. Please review the qualifications and expectations for TLAC University Supervisors below.
3 years teaching experience
hold a current Texas teaching certificate
The person emailing this form to you is applying to the Accelerate Online -TAMU alternative teacher certification program. Please assist us by giving your honest feedback and completing this form as quickly as possible. This information will be considered strictly confidential.