Changing the World One Teacher at a Time
Accredited since 2004, Accelerate Online-TAMU has offered an alternative route to teacher certification. If you already hold a bachelor's degree or are currently enrolled in your final semester of college coursework, we can help you become a teacher!
Accelerate Online-TAMU is a continuing education program affiated with Texas A&M University; you do not have to be enrolled at TAMU to be admitted into the program.
- Fully online, all the time - 24/7 access
- Affordable payment plan
- Teacher certified in 12-18 months (9 of those months while you are potentially working as a paid teacher)
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources 6-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- Chinese EC-12
- English Language Arts and Reading 7-12
- History 7-12
- Life Science 7-12
- Mathematics 7-12
- Physical Science 6-12
- Physics/Mathematics 7-12
- Science 7-12
- Social Studies 7-12
I confirm that I have viewed the Beginning of School Year videos in their entirety.
Before you apply, have you emailed your TExES Score Report to Accelerate Online?
If you answer YES, you are ready to apply! Follow these 3 steps:
All field experiences must be done in a public or TEA-approved school setting and must be in the area in which you are seeking certification.
For each school that you conduct a field-based experience, please complete and submit this form PRIOR to beginning your field-based observation.
UPON COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING THIS FORM, I ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOLLOWING:
- I have thoroughly reviewed the information provided in the Accelerate Online University Supervisor webpage.
- I have read the Accelerate Online University Supervisor Handbook & understand the role and responsibilties of the Accelerate Online University Supervisor.
This application is for the role of University Supervisor for Accelerate Online, an alternative teacher certification program affiliated with the Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture at Texas A&M University.