Overview of Formal Observations
UNIVERSITY SUPERVISOR OBSERVATIONS & INTERN REFLECTIONS
- Minimum of four (4) formal observations during the year; two (2) per semester.
- Scheduled and conducted by the University Supervisor.
- Each observation will last a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Observations are intended to provide feedback and not to serve as evaluations.
- The University Supervisor will schedule with the Intern the date of the observation.
- The University Supervisor will conduct a pre-conference with the Intern via email, Face Time, phone call, or in-person conference at least 3 days prior to the observation.
- A copy of the lesson plan for the observation lesson should be provided by the Intern.
- Pre-conference email [EXAMPLE]
- Additional pre-conference questions
- The University Supervisor will conduct an interactive post-conference (Face Time, phone or in-person conference) within 24 hours of the observation
- Written feedback will be submitted within 48 hours of the post-conference via CEHD Data Portal.
- The Intern will complete reflection questions within 2 business days of receipt via CEHD Data Portal system.
- A copy of each observation and Intern reflection will be emailed to the supervising school administrator and Accelerate Online.